Saturday, March 10, 2012

Chain of Memories, Underrated Goodness

Well, I'm back after an eternity away. I figured it's about time I dedicate some more time to this blog (since my card blog is dying down, unfortunately). Anyways, I've been doing a lot of gaming since my last post and have replayed the Kingdom Hearts games for the PS2. And among those games I decided to replay, was Chain of Memories.

Fun then, fun now.

Now, a lot of people give this game a ton of heat due to it's different battle system. Since it involves cards and deck building in order to manipulate your commands in battle, it made a lot of people shy away from it for this core reason. However, it's this very system that attracted me so much into it. It's an increased level of difficulty, especially since you have to be a bit more strategic when building your deck and during battle.

And right away, playing it has been nothing short of a treat. I got to replay a game I haven't touched since it first came out on the GBA during high school. And while I thought playing it the first time around was a bit rough, I was surprised at how much harder it was with Ruku's story. Not being able to modify your deck was an even bigger challenge. However, it was still a great challenge to undertake all over again.



It still keeps a good story to make it worth playing, but if you really want a challenging game then try this one out if you haven't already. I know I'm going to be coming back to this game in the future to play both versions in Proud Mode. By then, it might cause me to throw my remote at something in rage, but at least it's a challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment